Friday, June 19, 2015

First Ever Oral Exam

I've just had my first ever oral exam earlier today, and I wanted to tell you guys about how it went and what the whole experience felt like to me.

First of all, I want to thank my English teacher for making it that easy. I mean, seriously, I'm in my third year of high school and I get questions like "What do you think of our school" on my oral exam. That's just outrageous. The fact of the matter is, I'm pretty sure I've passed this exam.
It wasn't like your average oral exam where you basically have a monologue with only you and your teacher in the room, it was easier than that. We were divided in groups of three students and assigned a theme and some questions. Then we got one minute of preparation, even though I still think she only gave us half a minute, and had to start a natural conversation with eachother about the theme we were assigned including the answers to the questions we were posed.
Ofcourse, this wasn't hard at all and I was put in a group with a girl that's really good at English in my opinion (it isn't our native language) and a guy that wasn't as good at it but was really doing his best to do as good as possible.
It seemed so short, the conversation was stopped by the teacher in no time and we went home earlier than most others (we all had to arrive at the same time, but once you were done you were allowed to leave and we were one of the early groups). I left with a smile on my face as I just knew that I'd get excellent results for this oral exam.

That's it for this post, it's really just a small filler while I'm still doing exams as I don't have that much time to write any big articles yet. When I'm done, it'll be a long holiday and I'll be able to write loads of amazing articles for you guys to read. We'll get through these harsh times.

No comments:

Post a Comment