Wednesday, June 24, 2015

IKEAHackers Website - Awesome Way to Pimp Your Interior

I've just recently stumbled upon a website called IKEAhackers and I couldn't help but talk about it on here because I think it's just generally awesome. Why is it so awesome, you might ask? I'll tell you right now.


Everyone probably has the problem of furniture being too expensive for them to afford at least once in their life. It's a common problem, young people just need more than they can afford. That's the way the economy is right now. IKEA is a cheap alternative for expensive brands, but it's very limited as compared to the huge amount of personalities and lifestyles that require the perfect house interior.
Well, problem solved for those that can't find the perfect furniture at IKEA: there's an extremely large community of "IKEA Hackers" that modify IKEA furniture to fit their needs. The nice part of it is: you can read through all of their projects and potential inspiration on a website called IKEAhackers. Seriously, It's awesome.


It's all well-organized thanks to its creator still being dedicated to delivering the best user experience possible. You can even subscribe to a newsletter that will tell you about the website developer's favorite hacks so that you don't have to read through everything on the website to find only a couple of ideas that you truly find creative and well-made.

The website has had some problems regarding IKEA wanting it to either stop running ads or turn in their domain name, but those were resolved without any lawyers getting involved so the website isn't going anywhere. That honestly makes me happy. If they had sued IKEAHackers for its name I would have probably boycotted IKEA as it's a generally awesome website that everyone has to visit.

I personally found one very simple hack on the website that I'm planning on doing myself pretty soon: a very cheap headset holder. I've been looking for a cheap alternative for one of those things for quite a while now, and this thing will really help me make my desk more organized.

Apart from that, I think the intended use of IKEA's furniture will suffice for now as I haven't really ran into any major furniture problems in or around my rooms that can't be solved very cheap (or even for free) so far.

That's it for this post, I hope at least one of you can use this website to solve a frustrating problem in or around your house. It's truly awesome and the people on there are so creative that I think there's no way you can visit this website without getting some inspiration from it. Everyone needs furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment