Saturday, June 13, 2015

My switch from AZERTY to QWERTY

Just yesterday, I switched keyboards from AZERTY to QWERTY. This post is going to be a struggle to write as I'm not completely used to it yet, but I guess it's worth it as the QWERTY layout matches my needs most.


The first thing I did when I got into the QWERTY side of things was check out the differences in the layouts. The letters aren't that much of a struggle to get used to, apart from the letter M being in a completely different spot without any clear reason as to why.
Of course, there's some more advantages to this layout. You pretty much don't need the Alt Gr button, so you can use that one for keybinds in games (for example having to press both Alt Gr and a number to heal yourself in WoW).
I must say that my new keyboard feels extremely good compared to my old one. The button presses feel a lot smoother instead of constantly having that clicking noise. The space bar is pretty loud, but I guess every keyboard has its flaw and a loud spacebar isn't that much of a problem.
Also, a pretty big flaw (for people that live in Europe) is that it doesn't have the Euro sign on it so that could become a bit of a struggle in the future.

So far, I really like the experience of QWERTY compared to AZERTY. I'm probably going to run into some issues with the QWERTY layout pretty soon, so stay tuned for more keyboard layout madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment