Saturday, May 9, 2015

Apple Support Calls Me Rebecca!?

I decided to call Apple Support about a question I had about the Apple Watch, just because I wanted to know more about how it actually works with the iPhone (I might concider buying it). This is what happened.

Getting through to the customer support service was easy. I didn't have to do anything fancy, I just started Hangouts and called the USA phone number because that one is free and for some reason the Belgian 0800 number (which should, by law, be free too) complained about me not having enough money on my Hangouts to make the call.

Suddenly I hear a male voice say "Hi Rebecca, are you calling about your recent repair?". I freaked out because I thought I had done something wrong and called from someone else's number, so I was seriously speachless. The guy proceeded and told me to press 1 if it was about the repair and 2 if it wasn't. I honestly should've pressed 1 in order to see if they'd kick me off the call or not but I didn't want to do any harm to this "Rebecca" so I pressed 2 and he asked me what it was about. I was confused, so I really didn't know what to answer. I ended up asking the question but didn't get any reply so I hung up.
I think this is very weird and I decided to make a post about it just to see if anyone else has been experiencing this and if I did anything wrong by trying to make a call to the USA number while I live in Belgium.

If you know any more about this issue, please tell me by leaving a comment on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment