Thursday, May 7, 2015

My Move from Firefox to Chrome

As you might have noticed because of me actually having posted some Google Chrome App reviews recently, I've changed browsers from Mozilla Firefox to Google Chrome. In this post, I'll cover why I downloaded Chrome in the first place and why I ended up sticking with it.

Okay, first of all I want to tell you guys that I don't want to hate on Firefox and I think that it's a great browser and does exactly what it needs to do. I really liked Firefox and I still think that for those who use their browser for productivity purposes only it's probably the perfect browser.
The big problem here is: I don't try to be as productive as possible with my internet experience.

The reason why I downloaded Google Chrome is because I wanted to see the difference between YouTube videos in 30 FPS and 60 FPS. It turns out you can't actually notice the difference, but that doesn't really matter as I ended up sticking around anyways. Here's why.

I like some stuff to do on the side, a never-ending journey of finding out about new functions you can use to make your computer as personal as possible. This usually makes me pretty productive in the long run, but that's just because I always end up choosing the apps/programs that make my PC/smartphone as fast to use as possible (due to me not liking to waste loads of time knowing that it could actually be done faster).
And that's where Google Chrome comes in. Its App Store makes me able to add an almost infinite amount of apps to my browser so that I can get the most out of my browser. In fact, I'm using the MyMusicCloud app to listen to my music without the need of a thousand songs being stored on my laptop (this app will come in extremely handy in the future, because I usually fill my phone and laptop up with thousands of songs within a month and decide to delete most of it just to stumble upon the same problem a month later).
Firefox just didn't do the job in this aspect: it has extensions, but good Firefox extensions are harder to find than apps on Google's extremely user-friendly App Store.
That, apart from me liking the Chrome design more than the Firefox one, is pretty much the reason why I stuck around with Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment