Sunday, April 12, 2015

My opinion on social media (RANT)

My blog may be called "The Average Life", my opinion on social media like Facebook, Instagram and Vine is all but average. I like stuff like Twitter, YouTube and Blogger because those have what you need without any additional crap that comes with it. Google and Twitter are both great platforms for creativity combined with productivity. But Facebook, Instagram and Vine are just full of people that are ruining your fun by spamming you with stuff you didn't ask for. I've tried all three of them and deactivated my accounts on them because of people just putting unnecessary stuff on there. I don't need to know how much your dog hates bathing, and certainly not how much slices of bread you ate this morning! In my opinion the platforms themselves are great, but the way they're being used ruins it all.
Sorry for the rant, I just got carried away by my old Facebook friends spamming my e-mail with stuff like " Why don't you come on Facebook anymore?" or "Why did you disappear from my friends list?". If you've ever concidered sending such a message, think about wether or not the person you want to send it to has a personality that matches the platform.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment