Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Way I Game

Well, everyone has their own style when it comes down to gaming, and I want to talk about mine.

The games I play

RuneScape

It's an MMORPG based around you developing your characters and training various skills. The reason I like it is because you can choose what direction you want to go with your character: will you mainly train the non-combat skills, or are you the type for exploring dungeons and killing every monster you see? It's up to you, really. I play RS3, the newest version of the game. It's a brower-based game, but I have a downloaded client for it just to be able to start gaming faster :-P. It's an awesome game in my opinion, but it might not be for those that are easily fooled by scammers etc. because those are, unfortunately, still playing the game and want to get your account emptied as fast as possible so that they can sell your stuff for real-life money.
Apart from the scammers, that are almost as bad as the Indian callcenter guys, the game is very good: it gets frequently updated so that there will always be content for you to discover, the developers are constantly working on getting cheaters out of the game as effectively as possible and they are good at that and last but not least: the community is awesome once you get to know the way their personalities generally work.
I personally play a skiller: I try to make my way through the game without fighting ANY monsters. This is pretty hard, as the game is combat-based.

MineCraft

I know, I know... loads of people think this game is extremely childish. For me, it's a way to get creative without necessarily getting comments about what I make. I build stuff in Creative mode, mostly on the Vadact Buildteam server (part of the Shotbow Network). Those guys really know how to take creativity to the next level, and that's exactly what I like so much about the Vadact server. They are skilled, know how to have a laugh and you never see any of the actual Vadact members get mad in chat or anything like that. Their world consists out of plots, small areas of land you can claim and build your stuff on. You start off with absolutely nothing: no landscape, no structure, just a flat surface. This is what we make of that flat surface:
We fill it up with montains, trees, bushes, rivers, cities, hot air balloons and much more. If you build very good on your plot, you'll get promoted to the next rank and you receive an additional (sometimes also bigger) plot for you to build your next project on.

Gaming behavior

Gaming communities are just like real life communities (sometimes a whole lot weirder, but that depends on the community just like in real life). That's why you need to behave yourself in order to really fit in with a certain community. If you come across some guys building up a meme community, you should stimulate them and give them advice on what you think would be awesome in a meme. If you come across some Call of Duty try-harders, you shouldn't start to talk about that one cat meme you saw on the internet yesterday (even though it may be awesome).
In the Vadact community, you have to remain a bit serious but there is plenty of room for jokes. Helping others is mandatory, so don't get too selfish around there! If you don't help others and give advice about what improvements could be made to a build whenever it's asked, you won't really get into the community and you'll just be sitting there on the side.

Setup

Oh, the ever-so-important setup. My setup is pretty much just a basic home PC (Acer) with two relatively small monitors (Samsung) and a pretty cheap keyboard (Acer, came with the PC), a wireless mouse (Logitech, obviously) and one of the cheapest microphones (Audio-Technica) that delivers relatively decent quality. I also have headphones (Philips, ordered online because my Turtle Beach was broken), but those were in my bedroom when I took the picture.
That's basically all I can say about the way I game, I hope you all liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment